Start Date: 02 /11/ 2020
Duration: 1 year (extendible)
- In order to provide a reliable IT service for our employees and customers we are the guardian of the operational quality of our IT systems.
- We coordinate and mobilize the organization for escalated incidents in order to have a fast service recovery.
- We guard an optimal time-to-market / quality balance for our releases, with a special focus at availability and business continuity.
- We provide an efficient, high quality first and second line support for all IT-solutions and manage the service tools and related processes.
- We guarantee that employees collaborate and work in an efficient way by offering appropriate end user devices and services.
- We offer client centric, cost effective mass-printing solutions
- Structural solutions are implemented by the bank, incl. organizational, for all escalated incidents.
- H2o (including knowledge documentation and monitoring) and golden rules are fully applied by the bank.
- The people in our tribe perform their role in an Agile way (i.e. within a clear frame and a clear responsibility and accountability having maximum autonomy). Their leaders acting as a servant leader.
- Seamless alignment with group processes (incident, problem, change, request,...)
- 7/7 - 24/24 monitoring (by the control room) of IT-infrastructure and applicative components by Our Client
- Providing first line for all and second line support for work place and applicative solutions.
- Providing IT workplace equipment to end users (excl individual smart devices)
- We are gate keeper of operational change management
- IT continuity (performing DRP)
- Perform the IT-BISO-role
Context of the mission
- The Servicing & Production squads “Daily Banking, Data Management, Risk & Credits” & “Pay, Invest and functions” are responsible for business & technical applications related to their domains.
- Both squads ensure 2nd line support for applications in their scope.
- They both take responsibility of deployment of new business releases & IT operational support for their business applications, in the QA and Production environments.
- Main activities are in Brussels but collaboration with our partners abroad is part of the operational context.
- We are actively searching for an OPS Engineer who will be in charge of Run & Deployment of backend applications, in scope of the concerned squad.
- A good understanding and experience in defining & managing automated batch workload in a multiplatform context, is a basic requirement for this vacancy.
- Furthermore, the candidate must have strong technology & multi-platform knowledge (Linux, Unix & Windows) and good coordination & communication skills ...
As OPS engineer
- to ensure that all deployments are carried out on schedule, are fully deployed, implemented and functioning in the operational environments .
- to help preparing the detailed runbook by identifying all stakeholders and related actions
- to analyse all technical dependencies between the different components
- to update the Current State Architecture document based on detailed technical design
- to update or create all documentation for the support.
As incident solver in run mode
- to find, advice and implement solutions in order to solve incidents.
- to document the resolution progress and the applied solutions
- to investigate, analyse and document incident cause and solution
- to evaluate with the squad Scrum Master if an incident has to be escalated to the Incident Manager on duty (IMOD)
- Education: Bachelor/Master or equivalent by experience in IT
- Certificates: ITIL knowledge, Agile
- French: At least mother tongue Dutch or French
- Dutch: At least mother tongue Dutch or French
- English: Fluent or Good written and oral English
Experience in defining & managing automated batch workload in a multiplatform context (Mainframe, AIX, Linux, Wintel - BMC ControlM & CA Autosys)
- Knowledge of Wintel, Unix & Linux Environment
- WebSphere experience
- Operating system, : AIX, Unix, Linux, Windows Server, Mainframe
- Database Oracle / SQL
- Good understanding of automated batch scheduling : Control/M (Mainframe (JCL) & Distributed (scripting))
- Experience in a second line can be useful
- Experience with Agile concepts is an advantage
- Preferable: Experience in deployment of business applications
- Preferable: Bank-applications knowledge
- Team player
- Quick self-starter
- Pro-active attitude
- Good analytical and synthesis skills
- Good oral and written communicator
- Ability to work in a dynamic and multi-cultural environment
- Flexible, accurate & control minded
- Quality & Service driven
- Prepared to be on-call on a regular bases (every 4-5 weeks)