A key role in the “end-to-end” & “cross technology” architecture and design of the Cloud architecture for the « Business » and technical projects. The IT Cloud Engineer / Architect works closely with internal clients, project managers and sponsors, for the translation of the requirements into the design of the IT solution, processes and tools. The role requires participation in all project phases, from initial intake through maturation, execution and project launch. The IT Cloud engineer / Architect role is situated in a dynamic team that provides engineering services to our EBU data center and its customers.
What you'll do
- Analysis of the technical and financial impact of projects on the IT infrastructure, Cloud and processes
- Translation of the business and operational requirements into the IT Cloud technical specification, roadmap and end-to-end & cross-technology architecture design
- Collaborate with project managers, sponsors, technology teams and managers for the definition of the complete impact on our IT infrastructure; budget & planning and the provisioning of the solution as required by the project
- Starting with initial high level design and estimate, through to the final detailed solution ready for provisioning (once the budget has been approved)
- Follow the internal and industry evolutions and road-maps, to ensure optimal IT infrastructure design, and to contribute to the IT infrastructure strategy and road-map
- Several years (at least 3) of relevant experience in IT (Cloud) engineering / architecture.
- Microsoft Azure knowledge is required
- Dutch and/or French speaking, but English is essential
- Understanding of cost analysis; impact on business cases and cost of a solution's implementation and year on year operation
- Strong understanding of, information technology and innovation
- Other skills: Customer focused, results driven, analytical, leadership, listening and negotiation
- In-depth knowledge / skills / experience (minimal 3 years) in Public Cloud(s). Azure is required, other public clouds are very nice to have
- Proven track record in the analysis, design and architecture preferably in a technology rich environment
- Knowledge of access network and related technologies
- Knowledge of the fundamental technical components, e.g databases, Middleware, operating systems, servers, Storage, etc
- Awareness of enterprise strength deployment techniques such as SAN, RAID, mirroring, Clustering, Virtualisation, Consolidation, Load Balancing, Cloud, to ensure solutions are available, performant and resilient
- Understand of the key infrastructure components; Unix, Linux, Windows, Oracle, SQLServer, Apache, SAP, WebSphere. JBoss, WebLogic, VMware, Hyper-V
- Understanding of project management life-cycle and methodologies
We care about your privacy. Learn how we collect and use your information via the button below.