For one of our best client, we are hiring several Linux system engineer to support an existing team of 12 people. Our client is active in the transport industry and offers a technology operating 24/7. Our client designs and develops an Electronic Control Desk which is a complex real-time computer systems used in signaling-boxes to control and manage the signaling infrastructure.
What you'll do
- Daily system maintenance of the production environment in the > approx. 30 signaling boxes, the development environment and the configuration environment (computers for parameter creation of the production systems)
- Preparation of servers, workstations, network equipment for new signal boxes or for extension/replacement in existing signal boxes
- Testing, documenting and implementation of new Technologies and concepts
- Regular car trips in Belgium can happen
- Occasional mounting/assembly work of IT equipment in computer rooms and control rooms
- Second level support for the applications and IT equipment in the signal boxes
- 5 years of experience as Linux system engineer
- Proven expertise on Linux servers (maintenance, administration)
- Solid knowledge of VMware is required.
- DevOps skills woud be a plus: Puppet, GIT
- Knowledge of Cybersecurity is a definite plus
- Debian / Ubuntu / RedHat Linux system administration
- VMware vSphere
- Nagios monitoring
- Networking: routers, switches, VPN, Firewall, VRRP from Allied Telesis
- Language skills: Active knowledge of French or Dutch + English
What's in it for you?
- We offer a full package ^^
- Stable and secure working conditions
- An opportunity to learn and grow on various areas such as DevOps, virtualization and cyber security within a team of experienced Linux engineers
- Take part to a long standing project that has high visibility within the industry
- Belong to one of the most recognized and financially healthy IT consulting firm in Belgium
- Important note: this is an opportunity to become employee but we also accept applications from freelancers!