Network Engineer Consultant - ref. 79900 (IGB431373267)
Organisation and department description
My client provides to their customers IT services around a range of selected solutions.
If you are looking for a new challenge and you have a good knowledge of networking and security in general? Then you are ready to join our team of Network Engineers and to become our specialist and first point of contact for our customers regarding product specifications, product installations and setup, troubleshooting and performance tuning, new major and minor release updates etc.
As a Network Engineer, you will manage the network-related operations of several clients. These environments are build on leading edge technologies including NextGen Firewalling, Network and port address translation (NAT/Pat), VLAN, Multicasting, iSCSI, DNS and VPN IPsec/SSL infrastructures.
As our Network Engineer, your responsibilities will include
- Incident and service request-handling (2nd and 3rd line) respecting the internal procedures
- Projects such as design, installation, configuration & upgrades of complex networks (VLAN 1Q, STP/MLT, TCP/IP, QoS, ACL, Active Directory integration, ...)
- Ownership for the client relationship: you are recognized by the client as a business partner, from whom to seek advise
- Technical/technological discussions with the clients
- Remaining up to date with new evolutions and making sure your knowledge remains ahead of the trends
- Gain experience, become an expert in your field and guide your colleagues with their complex technical questions
- Support the sales team by contributing to the pre-sales
- Be part of our stand-by support team
We are looking for motivated and energetic colleagues and not just a list of skills; however experience with the following would be ideal:
You will need the following skills:
- Speak fluently French, Dutch and you understand well English (both written and spoken)
- Bachelor in IT
- At least 5 years of experience as a Network Engineer
- Methodical, organized and client oriented
- Work in a team as well as independently
- Take the client's needs into consideration and you are a good communicator
- A real problem solver and you pay attention to details
- Stress resistant and you're not afraid of a dynamic environment in constant evolution
The following technical skills are needed:
- You have a certain expertise in at least 2 of the following technologies is a must: Check Point, Dell Networking, Cisco switching, TrendMicro, BlueCoat, Kemp Technologies Load balancers, Barracuda Appliances, VMware NSX, Aerohive and Cisco Meraki.
- Certifications are certainly a plus.
Besides a permanent contract, a competitive salary and extra-benefits, we offer you a dynamic work environment with smart colleagues in a fast-growing company and clients with exciting challenges. Our management team encourages individual growth and will give you the opportunity to be yourself and to develop yourself.