System Engineer - ref. 79896 (IGB431378201)
Organisation and department description
My client is an IT multi-service provider based in Brussels South. You have excellent technical knowledge and you feel like managing an IT Infrastructure? Then you are ready to join a team of 30 System Engineers and to become specialist and first point of contact for their customers.
Together with your team, you are responsible for the operational management of the infrastructure of the clients assigned to you. You provide our clients with operational support (2nd and 3rd line) and you implement, patch, upgrade or migrate the client's infrastructure (eg. VMware, Hyper-V, Office 365, Azure,...). Helping customers with support is a normal task to start the job; the more experienced you get the more complex your task will become.
As our System Engineer, your responsibilities will include
- Incident and service request handling in accordance with our internal procedures & processes
- Implementation of projects for the client within the negotiated scope taking into consideration technical possibilities, respecting agreed milestones and deadlines
- Remaining up to date with technology evolutions and making sure your knowledge remains ahead of the curve
- Gain experience, become an expert in your field and guide your colleagues with their complex technical questions
- Ownership for the client relationship: you are recognized by the client as a business partner, from whom to seek advise
- Support the sales team by contributing to the pre-sales process
- Technical/technological discussions with the clients
- Be part of our 24×7 support team
You will need the following skills:
- Speak fluently English, Dutch and French (written and spoken)
- Bachelor in IT
- At least +5 years of experience as a System Engineer, with experience managing autonomously several hosting infrastructure and/or End User Computing implementation projects.
- Methodical, organized and client-oriented
- Work in a team as well as independently
- Take the client's needs into consideration and you are a good communicator
- You are skilled in creating and enhancing high quality rated as-built documentation, implementation procedures and processes.
- A real problem solver and you have an eye for details
- Stress resistant and you are not afraid of a fast-paced environment.
You have the following technical
- Familiar with the Dell server, Storage & networking portfolio
- Excellent knowledge of Microsoft Windows Server/10 and/or Red Hat Enterprise Linux Operating systems including various high availability technologies
- Experience with VMware data center Virtualization products: ESXi, vCenter, vSAN, Horizon, SRM and/or Microsoft Hyper-V
- Worked with Fibre / iSCSI SAN, NAS and NFS Storage systems
- Working experience with Microsoft Azure, the ideal candidate has achieved the Azure Administrator Associate Microsoft certification
- Good knowledge of Microsoft SQL Server, focusing on (disaster) recovery techniques
- Hands-on knowledge of Microsoft Active Directory, ADFS, Exchange, IIS, SCCM & InTune.
- Experience with backup, enterprise infrastructure monitoring, vulnerability management and patching products.
- Good understanding of ITIL, experience with ServiceNow ITSM is a plus
- Knowledge of Microsoft PowerShell or any other scripting language
- Knowledge of network switching: TCP/IP, subnet calculations, VLAN & load balancing concepts. CCNA certification is a plus
Besides a permanent contract, a competitive salary and extra-benefits, we offer you a dynamic work environment with smart colleagues in a fast-growing company and clients with exciting challenges. Our management team encourages individual growth and will give you the opportunity to be yourself and to develop yourself.