About Our Client
My client is a Tech company who is a world leader in his area of expertise.
As Freelance System and Network Engineer you will be
- Acting as a first point of contact for all IT needs
- Doing the periodic IT reporting to management
- Monitoring the latest developments within the IT sector
- Implementing business application
- Your daily tasks will include:
- Continuous monitoring of the entire IT infrastructure and timely response to reported problems.
- Daily follow-up of support calls according to priorities(list)
- The management of operational questions and needs, ensures improvement and monitors the existing server park and associated networks.
- Helping to roll out new servers and networks in line with global and local policies
- Managing the mobile phone fleet and keeping an up-to-date inventory of all IT assets
- Providing IT support to the business in projects (servers, networks...).
- Paying due attention to security in all aspects of the work
- Follow up the existing backup procedures and adjust where necessary as well as draw up, apply and test backup and Data Recovery procedures on a regular basis.
The Successful Applicant
To be considered for this opportunity of Freelance System and Network Engineer you must have some/or all of the below experience:
- You have minus 2 years of experience in IT Support and IT infrastructure management.
- Good knowledge of Windows Server and related technologies (Active Directory, DNS, IIS, AD FS...).
- Good knowledge of Linux servers and related technologies (LAMP stack, Samba...)
- Experience in setting up and managing VMware environments
- A good understanding of Firewall principles and the application of network and data security principles
- Broad knowledge of network technologies (TCP/IP, UDP, SNMP, load balancing...).
- Experience in managing databases, both MS-SQL and MySQL/MariaDB
- A good understanding of Storage technologies such as SAN, NAS, RAID...
- Being able to translate business needs into IT solutions
What's on Offer
- Start ASAP
- Dynamic environment
- Remote working
- Lots of technologies to work with