We open up a world of digital opportunities so people live better and work smarter.
Within the Services Platforms & Cloud division we design, manage and maintain customer platforms and applications. The Voice Core domain is undergoing a transformation converging fix and mobile technologies on the one hand and migrating our platforms to the "Telco Cloud" on the other hand. To reach these ambitious goals, we are looking for a Solution Engineer to strengthen our team.
As a Converged Voice Core Solution Engineer, you
- Demonstrate technical and non-technical leadership throughout the DevOps organization.
- Actively participate as the team's point of contact for the projects assigned to you.
- Act as a point of contact for the applications for which you are responsible in order to proactively anticipate the right capacity and implement an optimal design based on company trends and forecasts.
- End-to-End responsibility for the design, implementation, testing and roll-out of technical solutions to provide new services or improve existing ones.
- You design, write and improve technical documentation both in the project phase (HLD, LLD, ...) and in production (procedures, MOP, ...)
- You prepare work orders on time, without error, and track them to ensure they are finished on time.
- You monitor the services of suppliers and/or internal delivery teams.
- You collaborate with other team members to obtain and provide the expected support.
- You provide the expected support to the operational teams and other internal teams on topics requiring your technical expertise.
- Particular attention will be given to migrations and hand-over of applications to the operational team by providing clear and mutually agreed procedures.
- Consistent and proactive communication to management.
- You increase and demonstrate your technical and non-technical skills through appropriate training, knowledge transfer sessions, ...
- You have a bachelor or master degree (preferably in ICT) or equivalent through experience.
- You're a team player and change does not scare you.
- You are Agile and eager to discover new areas.
- You have experience in a Telecom application deployment environment.
- You are an expert in the IMS area. The IMS architecture and associated call scenario's (SIP, Diameter) have no secrets to you.
- Experience in mobile voice communication, more precisely in VoLTE, is an asset.
- Experience in bringing Telco platforms to the Telco cloud (NFV/SDN/OpenStack/Vnf on boarding & life cycle management/Vnf-M/Orchestration) is an asset.
- Experience in Agile techniques is an asset.
- You are prepared to join an on-call service.
- Good knowledge, both spoken and written, of English and Dutch or French is required.
At Proximus you have the possibility to shape your own future and the digital future of our customers.
We offer you
- Our digital workplace, which assure you a better work-life balance
- A nice and varied salary package including insurance, a mobility plan of your choice, Telecom and other benefits.
- The opportunity to build your own career and your development thanks to a continuous learning environment and the exhaustive offer of our Proximus Corporate University.