We open up a world of digital opportunities so people live better and work smarter.
You work in the engineering team responsible of Java based application servers : WebSphere/WebLogic/JBoss, several security products : ISAM/Tfim/Reverse Proxy/ Apache/Nginx/ForgeRock LDAP and also the brand new OpenShift platform.
Role & Responsibilities
- You take care of all engineering specific activities for one or several products mentioned above namely :
- Product/vendor selection
- Vendor management/relationship
- License management
- Problem management
- Product evolution/roadmap follow-up
- Testing of patches/new versions/security fixes in Lab
- Support case follow-up
- As part of the delivery of new business or technical projects, you might be required to work in waterfall or Agile methodology where you participate in the technical design of the solution based on business requirements gathered and by taking into consideration non-functional requirements.
- You look for creative and simple solutions and you provide clear, structured documentation to the project or your operational counterparts.
- You are responsible for the follow-up of the technical projects assigned to you. This might include project management activities. Leading a sub team is part of your tasks to ensure a correctly and timely delivery.
- You provide support to the operation team in case of major incidents for which engineering knowledge is required.
- You have a bachelor or master degree (preferably in an IT related domain) or equivalent by experience.
- You have hands-on experience with :
- Unix/Linux systems
- Web security concepts
- Basic skills with scripted programming languages (Shell/Perl/...)
- Java Application Servers/OpenShift knowledge is an added value
- You are optimistic, solution oriented, creative with an open mind.
- Customer centricity is part of your nature.
- You value communication and collaboration with others.
- You have a learning attitude.
- Good knowledge of English is mandatory (both oral and written). French and/or Dutch is an advantage.
We offer you
At Proximus you have the possibility to shape your own future and the digital future of our customers.
- Our digital workplace, which assure you a better work-life balance
- A nice and varied salary package including insurance, a mobility plan of your choice, Telecom and other benefits.
- The opportunity to build your own career and your development thanks to a continuous learning environment and the exhaustive offer of our Proximus Corporate University.