1. Are you a good match for us?
You will be part of the Managed Services Operation Team, in charge of operating The European Commission's Network and Security Service under the Nmsii contract. The Nmsii Infrastructure consists of
- Network Infrastructure
- The LAN in the Commission's buildings (approximately 80 buildings spread over Brussels, Luxembourg)
- The connections between these buildings as WAN (MPLS technology)
- The interconnection with other providers with dynamic routing and VPN
- WiFi Hotspots spread over the Commission's buildings
- Security and Internet Infrastructure
The security perimeter consists in a multi-layer infrastructure of Firewalls and VPN of different vendors
- The incoming and outgoing accesses with the external world pass through dedicated appliances working as proxies and reverse proxies.
- DNS infrastructure and authentication servers are part of our domain of competences.
- A team of 40 people is working permanently on-site (Luxembourg and Brussel).
2. What's in it for you?
At Proximus SpearIT, you can take your career in many directions. You will be among the first to explore new technologies and can constantly update your skills in our ICT Academy. Our working culture is that of an SME: we say it like it is and never shy away from a challenge. Since we form part of the Proximus Group, you also benefit from the advantages and security of a large company.
We are currently looking for a motivated: Network & Security Support Engineer
The Network and Security Support Engineer will be in charge of the monitoring, request fulfilment and incident management of the Network and Security Infrastructure of the European Commission.
Detailed activities include
- respond to requests for technical assistance in person, via phone, electronically
- diagnose and resolve technical Hardware and software issues
- research questions using available information resources
- advise user on appropriate action
- follow standard help desk procedures
- log all help desk interactions
- administer help desk software
- redirect problems to correct resource
- identify and escalate situations requiring urgent attention
- track and route problems and requests and document resolutions
- inform management of recurring problems
- stay current with system information, changes and updates
3. What do we expect from you?
Of course, there are several aspects that are mandatory to fit the profile that we have prioritized. Let's see if you can check of the following items
- Education : Graduate in IT / BAC with good knowledge in computer sciences
- Internet technologies : DNS, HTTP, SSL, IPSEC, TCP, UDP, IP.
- General understanding of IP network principle (Switching/routing) including
- Switching: Cisco Vss and stacking technologies, ...
- Routing: Cisco, (Mp-)BGP, ISIS, OSPF, multicast
- WiFi Cisco: Wism, Captive portal, Access Point, Clean Air
- CCNA Certification (or willing to pass the exam)
- General understanding of Security Technologies including
- Firewalls: CheckPoint, Fortinet and Juniper Firewalls
- Proxy/ reverse proxy: Bluecoat
- DNS: Bind
- Remote Access : Pulse Secure
- Bash/Perl Scripting
- Experience in delivering in a production environment is considered as an advantage
- Project Management skills
- Strong technical leadership skills
- Customer and Quality focus
- Sense for pro-activity
- Ability to understand complex technical situations
- Ability to provide recommendations
- Excellent written and verbal communication (French and English).
Location and Timing issues
- Provision of the above mentioned services basically in Brussels, with a possibility to work in Luxembourg about 1 day per month.
- Business hours: 7h-19h => being able to regularly start at 7am and being able to regularly end at 7pm
4. Required Languages
- Fluency in French and English is a requirement