For our daughter company Unbrace, Proximus Spearit is looking for a Project Manager:
What is it like to work at Unbrace?
At Unbrace, we build custom web applications for our customers' innovative business ideas. Building custom things is fun! It gives us a lot a flexibility and input in the design and execution and allows us to think proactively with our customers. Did we mention Unbrace works with some of the biggest and most respected tech companies in Belgium and the world? Lots of fun projects, cutting-edge technology and interactions with interesting people.
Unbrace is a small company, but that has nothing but benefits: It's not in a big Office building somewhere in Brussels or Antwerp, but it's located in a small, easily reachable suburban area in Sint-Job-In't-Goor. We offer free and high quality coffee, water, sodas, snacks and sometimes beers. Fancy something healthier? Fruit and veggies (and a slow juicer) are available as well.
You are free to choose your own Hardware (laptop, smartphone), you'll get a company car, you can work from home. The whole nine yards.
- You love to work with cross-discipline teams and support the planning of the squads, in the day-to-day operational management of their projects, as well as taking ownership of a number of client projects.
- You liaise with different stakeholders on project objectives and know how to prioritize.
- You coordinate and follow up on the execution of development projects, ensuring all objectives are met, within budget and on time, according to the quality standards set by the organization.
- You monitor (technically) the quality of client deliverables and report client KPI to stakeholders.
- You use the appropriate IT systems to track progress, to monitor performance and resource consumption, and to report to management.
- You oversee the assignment of resources to projects and the organization of squads.
- You have experience (preferably 4 years or more) in the software development industry, with a minimum of 2 years as project or product manager.
- You have hands-on experience in Agile or Lean software development methods.
- You have a Bachelor's or Master's degree in computer science, engineering or a technical field or equivalent experience.
- You have a solid understanding of Scrum including sprint planning, releases, backlogs and Scrum ceremonies.
- You have hands-on experience with Jira and Confluence or similar collaboration software.
- You have demonstrated project management abilities, you are able to create a project plan, assign and manage resources to different project phases, and report on progress.
- You are able to write a functional summary based on a set of business requirements.
- You have a good understanding of software QA methodologies, tools, and processes.
- You have knowledge of web technologies, mobile platforms and mobile application deployment.
- You have knowledge of Azure and Cloud infrastructure, in general.
- Personal Skills:
- You use a hands-on approach in dealing with complex projects and are keen on thinking outside the box to support your own creativity
- You have excellent organizational and interpersonal skills and are commercially aware of the opportunities of new and emerging technologies and service
- You are a team player and have the ability to motivate people by demonstrating management and leadership.
- You have excellent communication skills in English and Dutch, both verbal and written, and you know how to communicate with stakeholders at different levels.
- Being able to communicate in French is a big plus!
- You are able to work in an environment with rapidly changing priorities. You maintain high quality standards, but can find a balance between quality, flexibility and timely delivery.
- You are a self-starter and able to work autonomously with minimal supervision.