Working on a project in a European institution together with our parter we are looking for someone to help manage the Methodological and Knowledge Sharing Support for EU External Interventions (MKS). The overall objective of the contract is to provide support and technical assistance to DG Devco to improve the quality, coherence and effectiveness of EU interventions in international development cooperation. The contract provides this support through increased knowledge, reinforced capacities, enhanced working methodologies and skills, targeting staff in EU HQ and Delegations. To support this programme we are seeking an IT Project Manager who will coordinate the IT developments for new releases of the Capacity4dev platform, under the supervision of DG Devco.
Key responsibilities include
- Coordinating IT developments for new releases on the Capacity4dev platform;
- Monitoring work of external development contractors and ensure quality outputs;
- Being responsible for the qualitative product delivery within the imposed constraints;
- Contributing to a strategy for the new platform and planning of IT activities;
- Contributing to drafting technical Tors for IT and supervise existing contracts;
- Managing/configuring CITnet environments, Jira, etc;
- Coordinating statistical analysis on the performance of the platform;
- Drafting reports and other documentation; and
- Any other support needed for the smooth implementation of the contract.
Qualifications, professional experience and skills
- University degree (Bachelor 3 years + master degree or 4 years University degree) in a relevant discipline (such as ICT, project/business management, or other relevant fields) or alternatively relevant professional experience of minimum 7 years;
- Fluency in English and French (C1/C2 level);
- At least 5 years of experience in the field of (user-generated) community websites and use of open source technologies;
- At least 5 years of successful experience in Web management for large scale organisations, in managing and taking ownership of large scale and complex open source online knowledge management and collaborative platforms;
- Excellent knowledge of Drupal and experience of managing Drupal teams;
- Working knowledge of IT documentation and ticketing systems (such as Atlassian and open source tools such as GitHub); and
- Ability to implement Agile and Scrum methodology (users' stories, business workflow,etc.).
1. Working experience with EU institutions;
2. Knowledge of Capacity4dev or similar platforms;
3. Excellent verbal and written communication skills.