My client, a leading Energy company based in Antwerp are looking for a Senior Java Developer with a good understanding of Scala and Algorithms to strengthen and complement their outstanding team of Java developers. They seek a passionate, experienced Java developer to take part in engineering as the energy management platform that will continue to disrupt the energy markets on a global scale.
Must have experience with either Scala/ Cassandra or kafka and have worked on technical algorithms.
Your tasks & responsibilities
- The successful candidate will be active in many parts of the code, with main focus on the development of mission critical back-end code of the patented solution.
- Depending on the skill and preference of the developer, he or she will have the opportunity to work on the latest big-data analysis and visualization tools, extend our state-of-the-art reactive software stack, fine-tune our Cloud deployment and monitoring tools, and continue to evolve to stay ahead of competition.
- As a member of one of our Scrum teams you will:
- Implement new features and improvements in the Java and Scala codebase;
- Extend the big data framework build on top of Hadoop/Spark/Cassandra to support our team of data scientists;
- Improve DevOps by continuous improvement of our Cloud deployment automation and monitoring;
- Take an active role in architectural discussions;
- Explore new tools and frameworks to adopt in the technology toolbox.
- Proven industry experience as a Java developer (+5y), preferably with a track record of implementation in complex environments with high reliability and performance standards.
- Expert knowledge of Java, Spring, Hibernate, SQL, Maven is required;
- Knowledge of Rest services is required;
- Knowledge of rich web user interface development is required;
- Basic knowledge of Linux is required;