To support our growth in a fast moving sector, Spacebel is looking for a talented Java Software engineer profile to join our ground segment team.
Attracted by our business sector and passionate about IT systems, our future colleague will pay particular attention to the optimization and the quality of the delivered “code” in respect of the space coding standards. Reliable by nature, you are a fully engaged person we can count on.
This vacant position is located in our offices in Hoeilaart, near Brussels, where a young and dynamic team is working in a serene atmosphere that fosters exchanges and ensures respect of the Human being.
- You feel attracted but are wondering if the job can fit your expectations? Let's find out together if you have...
- a Master's degree or equivalent in computer sciences or engineering;
- A successful first experience in JAVA software development;
- a solid knowledge of technical English, both for the reading of specifications as for the writing of documentation;
- an advanced knowledge of software development methods and standards. The knowledge of Ecss standards is considered as an asset;
- experience with the Java/J2EE development framework which includes design, development and testing;
- experience and/or strong knowledge of data structures, algorithms, design patterns, and object-oriented design;
- experience in designing and implementing Rest and SOAP web services, including API design, implementation and testing;
- experience in designing Web Applications based on Open Source frameworks (i.e. Spring, Node.js, Angular, React...);
- experience in RDBMS (i.e. PostgreSQL, MySQL);
- knowledge of UML and Agile methodologies;
- knowledge of Big Data and NoSQL technologies is considered as a serious advantage (i.e. Spark, Cassandra, Kafka...).
- To create that little difference, you should also possess:
- a creative mindset to identify technical solutions that meet our customers' needs;
- a sharpened management of time and priorities to deliver on time;
- excellent oral and writing skills to communicate effectively with all stakeholders (including users);
- And of course be able to work autonomously or in a team.
Were you able to match all specs? Great! Then you are probably the colleague we are looking for.
Are you excited by the space sector or simply curious? Do you definitely want to challenge yourself?
Do not hesitate anymore and apply to book a time slot in order to share our views on the mission...
- A permanent contract in a professional and stimulating environment (space sector);
- An opportunity to challenge yourself in exciting projects;
- An attractive and complete compensation package in line with your profile and experience;
- A company that really shows interest and flexibility to its collaborators;
- Training sessions on regular basis.
Do you still have questions or need further information?
Please APPLY via the button below.