For our key client ,I am currently looking for a Linux System Engineer for a contract of 6 months +extension ,2 days of remote working and very good rate as well.
Please find below the specifications for this exciting role:
- You are part of the "Distributed OS" team within the IT Infrastructure Delivery & Operations department. This team is responsible for all technical and application aspects concerning Windows and Linux servers.
- The function consists primarily of support tasks around Linux RHEL6 and 7 servers, mainly in a decentralized virtualized VMware / Nutanix environment. Thanks to your thorough technical knowledge of server OS (RedHat 6 - 7), you contribute to the complete management of the existing environments, and to the "life cycle" and technological evolution thereof.
Your job responsibilities include:
- the project-based installation, configuration and integration of server infrastructure and application components according to agreed or new infrastructure architecture
- You analyze and monitor the impact of new releases and installations of additional components.
- You are also involved in business projects for technical, applicative and DB related aspects.
- You are particularly responsible for the Alfresco, Liferay and guidewire packages and for all Middleware components around it such as Tomcat, Apache, Java, JBoss etc.
- Automation is an obvious thing for you
Both proactively and problem solving you work on a maximum availability of the systems for the end users (incident analysis, problem solving, performance monitoring, tuning, architecture optimization...), and follow the operational processes and procedures that have been agreed upon.
- You have at least a master's degree, or equivalent through experience.
- You have at least 5 years of experience in managing Linux server environments.
- Product knowledge at the engineering level of Linux RedHat is a requirement.
- Automation based on Ansible is something you have extensive experience with
- Basic knowledge of HA systems such as clustering, Active-Passive, DRP is required
- You have good knowledge of Dutch, French and English.
- Working in a structured and procedural manner according to ITIL and Prince2 is obvious to you
- You are happy to consult with colleagues and you are only satisfied if you have provided excellent service.
- You always keep in mind the high availability of the infrastructure that you manage.
- Security is close to your heart and monitors the security of the systems
- Focus on deadlines and stress resistance
- Knowledge of MySQL, MariaDB is a plus
- Knowing Kaspersky on Linux is a plus
- Knowledge about Alfresco is a plus