What is a Solution Architect at Taleo?
- The Solution Architect outlines solution architecture descriptions across domains, functions, and business domains, then monitors and governs their implementation in projects. For this, the Solution Architect works in a close tandem with Enterprise Architecture and Project Manager(s).
- You act as part of a project team translating business and IT requirements into solution architecture designs for large or medium scale systems using your knowledge of technologies and integrating existing products and new developments.
- Take ownership of non-functional requirements specification.
- Review and approve functional and non-functional requirement specifications.
- Design optimal solution architectures that support the business and help realize the target architecture.
- Acting as a coach towards the project team(s).
- Responsible for the overall quality of the solutions (implementation and/or customization).
- Crafting the right architecture to solve the problem at hand is only part of architects' responsibilities.
- The architect must also:
- Define, document, and communicate it.
- Share your knowledge of the current solutions, technologies and methodologies with your colleagues by participating to communities of practices.
- Protect (own) the solution architecture and protect its integrity and consistency. Make sure everyone is using it, and using it correctly.
- Make sure stakeholders and management understand it (to the detail necessary).
- Make sure that the architecture is not only the right one for operations, but also for deployment and long term maintenance.
How we imagine our future consultant?
- You have a computer science degree or equivalent experience and you have minimum 10 years of experience in the IT sector including 5 years in IT solutions design on complex projects
- Experience in Finance or Insurance is a plus
- You have excellent communication skills and you can write complex documents and deliver persuasive presentations
- You have the ability to define and analyse user requirements and advise customers on scope and options for business and IT improvements
- You are flexible, pro-active, structured and quality oriented
- You are a team player and you leverage the knowledge of your peers to build the best possible solution
- You speak French and English, Dutch is a significant asset
- You are familiar with architecture governance
- You are familiar with at least one modelling tool. Experience with UML is a must
- You are familiar with at least one modelling tool
- You have a good knowledge of the SOA paradigm
- You have a reasonable knowledge of at least one Application Server
- You have a reasonable knowledge of at least one Enterprise Service Bus
- You have excellent architecture and solution design skills
- Knowledge of Financial or Insurance processes is a plus.
- You must have experience with at least one relational database engine
- You have excellent skills in multi-technology integration architectures: Cobol/Mainframe, Java EE...
Why should you should join us?
As part of the Taleo family you will actively participate in the delivery of large scale projects in different sectors of activities.
You will be part of a talented and dynamic team.
You will be able to benefit from a broad diversity of career options career and have the possibility to develop international and long lasting work relationships.