You'll move the world forward. Every day, we create the most innovative mapping and location technologies to shape tomorrow's mobility for the better.
We are proud to be one team of more than 5,000 unique, curious, passionate problem-solvers spread across the world. We bring out the best in each other. And together, we help the automotive industry, businesses, developers, drivers, citizens and cities move towards a safe, autonomous world that is free of congestion and emissions.
What you'll do
As part of a multicultural, multi-locations team, you'll be improving and extending our unique transactional map-making platform that is capable of handling 2.4 Million map modifications per hour generating more than 14 Terabyte of database traffic per hour.
- Produce great, elegant and simple code in a dynamic, diverse and collaborative environment
- Maintain, improve and extend the current software stack with new functionalities, being part of a development team using Agile methodologies displaying the desire to continuously improve
- Solve business needs by building, testing and documenting software, deploying and maintaining it on production according to the DevOps philosophy
- Exchange knowledge with our talented engineers and solve a wide range of complex challenges
- Help grow other engineers by applying coaching and mentoring techniques while contributing to advancing our engineering culture
- Promote improvements for software development practices, processes and standards with consideration of quality, innovation, and productivity
Assist the Product Owner in converting high-level requirements into smaller, estimated work packages
What you'll need
You will be working in Agile teams consisting out of true craftsmen delivering high quality code by applying Design Patterns, TDD, SOLID principles and Service Oriented Architecture.
- Profound knowledge of Java and accommodating tools and frameworks
- Excellent communication skills allowing efficient communication in English with your teammates, architects, Scrum masters, product owners and product managers
- Experience with distributed Systems, Cloud Computing (AWS, Azure), Continuous Deployment (Docker, TerraForm, Kubernetes), System Monitoring (Kibana, Grafana), Test Automation, PostgreSQL, Linux environment and script languages (Python, Bash)
- Eagerness to learn and continuously improve your skills, keeping up with evolutions in the technology industry
- Practical knowledge of object-oriented design principles, testing practices, building robust, scalable and performant WebServices
- Courage to ask questions and constructively challenge others
What's nice to have
- Securing APIs supporting Customers outside of the organization
- Technical leadership and software system architecture
Big Data, Geospatial processing, machine learning & Artificial Intelligence
Meet your team
We're Cpp, which stands for Content Production Platform - Tomtom's proprietary transactional map-making platform that supports Tomtom's maps, and the hundreds of millions of people around the world who use them. We're a product unit within Tomtom's Location Technology Products technical unit. On our team, you'll work on map production, maintenance, transformation, release access and more as you help create leading mapping technology for a moving world.
We are self-starters who play well with others. Every day, we solve new problems with creativity, meet new people and learn rapidly at our offices around the world. We will invest in your growth and are committed to supporting you. In everything we do, we're guided by six values: We care, putting our heart into what we do; we build trust (you can count on us); we create - driven to make a difference; we are confident, but don't boast; we keep it simple, since life is complex enough; and we have fun because life's too short to be boring.
After you apply
Our recruitment team will work hard to give you a meaningful experience throughout the process, no matter the outcome. Your application will be screened closely and you can rest assured that all follow-up actions will be thorough, from assessments and interviews through your onboarding.
Tomtom is an equal opportunity employer
We celebrate diversity, thrive on each other's differences and are committed to creating an inclusive environment at our offices around the world. Naturally, we do not discriminate against any employee or job applicant because of race, religion, color, sexual orientation, gender, gender identity or expression, marital status, disability, national origin, genetics, or age.
Ready to move the world forward?