I am looking for a Functional Programmer who is experienced and / or has an affinity to work with Big Data, Software and IoT. Our SME client who have a bespoke Data Management & Data Configuration platform are offering an amazing 100% remote opportunity to reinforce the remote development team.
They have a relaxed R&D team so feel free to apply even if you don't match the requirements listed.
You excel at
- Working with members of multiple disciplines to iteratively develop features that address and achieve the high-level goals of the team.
- Working effectively in open and collaborative environments.
- Have a can-do attitude to solve difficult problems as part of an Agile, fast-moving and highly-focused team
- Breaking down your work into measurable and achievable tasks
- Writing clear, maintainable and portable code.
- Communicating ideas, intent and constraints to both technical and non-technical team members.
- Knowledge of one of the following functional programming languages (Clojure, Elixir, Swift, Erlang, ELM, F#, Rust or Scala).
- Minimum of 2 years professional experience.
- Sound database experience.
- Bachelor's Degree or relevant working experience.
- Ability to speak English in a professional context
Even better if you have
- Knowledge of Java
- Prior Data Streaming Experience
- Familiar with tools: Akka, Kafka Apache Spark
- Worked with MicroServices
- Working with Amazon AWS & DevOps
- Prior remote-working experience
- Above market rate salary
- 100% remote-work options
- Flexible hours + Autonomy
- Laptop / phone
- Company car + fuel card
- Company shares
If interested, please apply to this position via the button below and your profile will be submitted to the portal.