Purpose of role- Key accountabilities
The web developer is responsible for the development and maintenance of websites and applications within the framework of European projects. The developer will use good programming methods according to the desired specifications for the different applications and taking into account the target groups.
- Build, design and deliver high quality, high volume, high availability and high performance solutions in line with guidance and best practices of the department
- To be responsible for work quality, ensuring it meets the technical standards.
- To develop, test, release and document applications using best software engineering practices to ensure timely service delivery and ease of maintenance.
- To develop tools and methodologies to improve the effectiveness of the development process.
- To collaborate effectively with other technical teams to exploit new technologies to enhance the applications and service infrastructure.
- To keep abreast of developments in software engineering and technologies particularly related to mobile devices.
Skills, experience and qualifications
- Bachelor or master degree in Computer Science or Computer Engineering or equivalent experience
- Highly proficient at writing robust software for large-scale web applications in a fast changing environment with rapid release cycles.
- Knowledge of Symfony or Laravel is a plus.
- Highly proficient with HTML, AJAX, XHTML, HTTP and XML.
- Experience with XSLT, HTML5 and JQuery and styling using CSS3 techniques.
- Highly proficient with web services including the ability to programmatically interact with data formats that may include XML, JSON and RDF.
- A solid grounding in SQL databases
- Knowledge of NoSQL databases is a plus.
- An understanding of Web Application Programming Interfaces.
- Working knowledge of major operating systems, including Windows, OSX and Linux.
- Ability to meet challenging operational date and timelines and to communicate any difficulties as early as possible.
- Ability to think ahead to establish an efficient and appropriate course of action for self and others. Prioritises and plans activities taking into account all the relevant issues such as deadlines, staffing and resource requirements.
- Able to build and maintain effective working relationships with a range of people.
- Work cooperatively with others to be part of a team, as opposed to working separately or competitively.
Contract type: Permanent-full time
Salary Scale: 5-6-7
Interested? Upload your CV, motivation letter and degree via the website. (deadline 15/04/2018)