afarax is Hiring for one of its best client a Lead Engineering Project Manager.
We are a Belgian based Team with strong partnerships with Companies active in various business sectors and facing the challenges of the Digital Transformation. The concept is very simple : We meet and understand your expertise and ambitions and then introduce you to our client. We will also support you during all the stages of the application process to ensure your success.
The Project Manager manages the entire cycle of the project assigned to him, from start to finish, which implies that he plans the project, monitors it and supports it with regard to its perimeter (scope), duration, budget and quality. He acts as a point of communication between all stakeholders and coaches the team working on the project. Managed projects are typically projects internal to the Network department. The management of transversal projects is also occasionally possible.
Definition of the scope and objectives of the project. The technological or IT complexity of a project, coupled with the organizational or commercial constraints of the company, can lead the Project Manager to intervene on the whole or on a specific part of a project.
- Participate in the definition and framing of functional and / or technical and / or IT needs
- Write the general and detailed specifications of the project.
- Evaluate the risks that may arise during the implementation.
- Define the needs in terms of human resources and technical and / or functional skills.
- Prepare the specifications, costing and / or invoicing elements upstream.
- Project management, monitoring and coordination
- Set up the project structures and its operating rules (methods, management tools, indicators, etc.) according to the methodology in force.
Define with the project teams, the objectives and deadlines for the achievement of the deliverables (applications, modules, specific development, etc.) as well as the key milestones / milestones inherent in these deliverables.
- Carry out a capacity plan and a detailed schedule.
- Make the choices and the allocation of resources, according to technical / functional constraints in agreement with the various department managers providing these resources.
- Manage and measure the progress (creation of dashboards, choice of indicators, planning of steering committees, etc.).
- Coordinate and organize the various activities within the project according to the priorities and skills of each as well as the needs of the internal or external client in order to offer an effective and efficient service that meets the quality requirements of the organization within the given deadlines.
- Supervise and coordinate the work of all internal and / or external actors
- Validate the deliverables, in particular with the project sponsor.
- Customer relationship management "
- Organize and lead steering committees with decision-makers.
- Regularly transfer dashboards / KPIs on the progress of the project to the sponsor.
Ensure that a relationship of trust is maintained between the contracting authority and the project teams. In general, ensure communication with all the actors of the project / program (stakeholder, sponsor, project teams, management, external partners, etc.)
- Have all the key project deliverables validated by the steering committee as well as the project sponsor
- Dismantle project teams
- Formulate the “lessons learned” and share them with the various actors
- Secondary activities
Depending on the type of project, the number of participants and the nature of the stakeholders, the Project Manager may be entrusted with specific or additional tasks such as
- Participation in calls for tenders.
- The Project Manager will intervene on the response to the call for tenders and will participate in the costing phases of the project, the realization of a business case as well as the definition of functional or technological solutions.
- Knowing how to identify and understand the key elements of a contract.
- Training and change management.
- Follow the various training courses considered by the hierarchy as being necessary for the exercise of their function.
- Provide the necessary feedback to the line manager (s) of the members of the project team in order to include them in the process of evaluating the staff members under their responsibility.
Is this you ? The skills requires
This role calls for professional Project Management skills, excellent interpersonal skills, as well as basic technical knowledge in the relevant fields.
- Holder of a master's degree or equivalent professional experience
- Methodological knowledge of project management (PMI, Prince II, etc.)
- Proven experience in project management in technical environments
- Excellent analytical, structuring and priority setting skills in complex situations
- Leadership and sense of human contact
- Excellent communication and writing skills
- Result oriented, autonomous and proactive "Problem Solver",
- Very good resistance to stress
- Perfectly familiar with the Windows environment (Word, Excel, PowerPoint, Outlook, etc.)
- Very good oral and written knowledge in French and English
How we support you ?
- We'll introduce you to our best clients.
- You'll benefit from our partnership and our knowledge of the company and Business sector.
- We'll offer our support during all the stages of your application process.
- We'll make sure that the job you get corresponds to both your expertise and your expectation to grow.