afarax is Hiring for one of its best client a Senior Network Engineer.
We are a Belgian based Team with strong partnerships with Companies active in various business sectors and facing the challenges of the Digital Transformation. The concept is very simple : We meet and understand your expertise and ambitions and then introduce you to our client. We will also support you during all the stages of the application process to ensure your success.
You join the "Infrastructure" department of the Information and Systems Department. This service, made up of 21 people, is responsible for the design, implementation and operational monitoring of
the entire IT infrastructure of the Institution.
Your main missions are
- Support for the Clinics' IT network: operational monitoring and technological developments. This includes the DataCenter, Campus and WAN network
- Management of technical projects related to the network (proposal of solutions, analysis of needs and technical solutions as well as their implementation)
- Installation and configuration of active elements (switches, load balancers, Firewalls , WiFi controller, etc.)
- Installation and management of patching wiring (last meter), in copper and optical fiber.
- Monitoring of operational documentation; development and drafting of procedures and their maintenance.
- Drafting of technical specifications,
- Advice and participation in external projects on “network” aspects,
- Contacts with suppliers, monitoring of offers and orders.
- Helpdesk support in the event of complex technical incidents or problems. The components managed by the infrastructure team that you integrate are
- +/- 1,200 servers (Windows, Linux, SUN, VMware) - Databases (MS SQL, Sybase, Oracle)
- Storage and backup (Dell EMC, Huawei , CommVault) (2.5 PB net, 10PB Gross)
- 450 Network switches (Cisco Catalyst), 1600 WiFi antennas
- Terminal Service (Citrix XenApp - 1800 daily concurrent connections)
- Monitoring mainly based on Nagios and SCOM
- 2 data centers
Is this you ? The skills requires
- You have a university degree, ideally in the field of computer science.
- You have in-depth knowledge of network technologies and have convincing experience in this area.
- You also have experience in the configuration of active network equipment (Cisco Catalyst and / or Nexus) and in cable management.
- Knowledge of Cisco products is a plus (ISE, Prime, ACI,...)
- You are sensitive to security concepts and experience with security tools (Firewall, Proxy, NAC, Sniffer,...)
- You also like to go to the field and participate in certain manual tasks related to the function (placement of devices, cables, etc.)
- You have a good command of technical English.
- You have a great sense of responsibility, are autonomous and able to work in a team.
- You have a good analytical, precise and measured mind.
- You are curious about technological developments and the ability to propose and implement them.
- You have good analytical skills.
- You like to learn.
How we support you ?
- We'll introduce you to our best clients.
- You'll benefit from our partnership and our knowledge of the company and Business sector.
- We'll offer our support during all the stages of your application process.
- We'll make sure that the job you get corresponds to both your expertise and your expectation to grow.