- You will work with senior leadership to formulate and carry out the strategic plan for automation;
- You evaluate and report on the automation strategic benefits, meeting our digitalization business objectives (customer empowerment) and our operational objectives (employee empowerment, cost optimization, Time-to-market);
- You monitor the improved “Time to Value” using automated, consistent and self-documenting processes;
- You are also responsible for the tactical implementation plan (Technology, People & Processes);
- You define the technical framework considering all relevant artefacts including:
- Security, compliance, access management;
- Infrastructure Environments (WAN, Data Centers, Clouds, Telco Service Functions) & integration requirements/constraints;
- OSS/BSS integration requirements;
- Infrastructure development methodologies (waterfall, Agile) & ambitions for infrastructure CI/CD;
- System availability & timings.
- You anticipate, identify, track and resolve technical issues and risks affecting delivery;
- You derive from automated solution the impact on the people, customers and processes;
- You evangelize re-use & programmability through implementation of shared engineering assets. Support the efforts for cross-training and collaboration, as well as mentoring other LESS-experienced members aiding in the automation directions;
- You follow up on the development teams' deliveries and resolving technical problems.
- You have more than 4 years of proven successful experience in the automation technology arena;
- You have more than 6 years of proven architectural experience and skills from design, requirements and reviews;
- You have broad infrastructure architecture experience (WAN, Data Centers, Clouds, Telco Service Functions);
- You have in depth knowledge and experience with infrastructure automation design and services, including HA (High Availability), Service modelling, IaC (Infrastructure as Code), PaaS (Platform as a Service) and IaaS (Infrastructure as a Service);
- You have experience with management interfaces that facilitate network automation: netconf/Yang, Openconfig, Gnmi, Rest-API;
You have a proven background in scripting infrastructure deployments (Automation);
Proven experience in solutions like Ansible, Teraform, CloudFormation, Cloudform, Cisco Nso, Ciena Blueplanet, etc;
- Strong experience programming in Python and preferably in other languages such as Java, C, ...
- You possess the ability to work autonomously and to cope with ambiguity;
- You can balance cost against benefits and you have the ability to integrate technical solutions within broader organizational & business contexts;
- You have experience presenting automation technology concepts to business executives and technical team
- You embrace the BICS values: Think Forward, Strive for Leadership and Achieve Together. Within your area of expertise, you challenge the status quo and you stimulate others to think outside the box;
- You are keen on working within a multi-cultural environment and you are fluent in English.
What's in it for you?
- International environment. You will be part of an international diverse team and you will have the opportunity to make a global impact.
- Great company culture. You will be working in a dynamic working environment, driven by 3 core values: Think Forward, Strive for Leadership, and Achieve Together. We look after the well-being of our employees and organize internal events such as happy hours, sports and relaxation activities, parties, etc.
- Career development. From development plans, to trainings and internal mobility, we are committed to ensuring you have the knowledge, skills, and opportunities to maximize your potential.
- We offer an attractive salary package including:
- A competitive base salary and short-term incentives
- Comprehensive insurances including hospitalization insurance, outpatient care insurance, life insurance, disability insurance and travel insurance, fully funded by BICS
- A supplementary pension plan, fully funded by BICS
- A flexible mobility package including company car or car allowance, mobility budget for commuting, bike lease, etc
- A Telco pack at home including free internet and a mobile phone
- Many other benefits such as meal and eco vouchers, 32 vacation days, homeworking possibilities, corporate discounts, ...
Get a flavour of our company culture by looking at one of our videos: https://BICS.com/video-gallery/