Broadcast Network Engineer
Behind the scenes in television there is a large technical crew ensuring the quality and the production of broadcasts, headed up by IT/broadcast engineers, working with Hardware and broadcast systems that are used across television, Radio and new media.
Our company is involved in many IT / Broadcast systems and project such as Video On demand platform, archiving systems, ingest and playout platforms, studios,...
Client environment (Live shows, Sport,..) require expertise and reactivity for technical or operational requests to be addressed & solved in short period of time. The nature of the job is changing as new technologies are adopted across the industry, simplifying traditional broadcast Hardware and combining IT skills (Switch, Network& Firewall management...) with traditional engineering skills.
- You will be responsible for existing accounts (Telco operators, TV Broadcaster,..) and for developing new accounts inside and outside the Broadcast world.
- Projects will be made of setting up, configuring and managing the installation of new VOD (Video on Demand) or OTT platforms, new video transcoding systems, transmission and reception systems, IT/ data archive systems or other key elements in the broadcast world (Media asset management platforms...).
- You will represent and sale our bands, keeping up to date with the industry and changes in technology by building and maintaining a network of contacts and investigating new systems and techniques.
- You are able to detect the needs of our customers and handle full sizing for 'head-ends' and OTT platforms with skills to present the solution to our customers. You will prepare answers to public Tenders and offers within the time and specification lines requested by the clients (or potential client).
- You have an IT background and at least 10 years' experience in IT with focus on networks, data transmission or similar. You have 'some' knowledge of Video & data File systems, video transcoding (Codec) and streaming products and industry.
- You easily have a good business relationship with people and communication skills, you can manage and follow up new projects within different environments (Telco operators, Media or TV Broadcasters).
We are offering a CDI with a full package
- Car + Fuel Card
- Insurance Group
- Insurance Health
- Meal Vouchers
- Net expenses
- Internet + Phone