The EIB, the European Union's bank, is seeking to recruit for its Corporate Services Directorate, Information Technology Transversal Services Department, at its headquarters in Luxembourg, a Head of Infrastructure and Operations Division. This is a full position at grade 7.
The term of this contract will be 4 years.
Assessment Centres for selected applicants would take place by the end of October 2020.
Panel interviews are anticipated for mid-November 2020
The EIB offers fixed-term contracts of up to a maximum of 6 years, according to business needs, with a possibility to convert to a permanent contract, subject to organisational requirements and individual performance.
The division provides strong technical, process and service management expertise as well as project management skills and business analysis capabilities.
Key figures about scope: approx. 5,000 users including staff members and external staff, 6,000 workstations in 7 offices in Luxembourg and almost 50 external offices outside Luxembourg, private cloud composed of 2,000 virtual servers in state of the ART active-active datacenters located in Luxembourg. In the Infrastructure and Operations Division there is around 20 EIB agents (with 4 Head of Units), however the division also manages approximately 100 consultants.
In this role you will have an opportunity to develop and manage the IT Infrastructure & Operations activities in the areas of: end-user, productivity tools and devices, service desk, network and datacentre operation, monitoring - automation - orchestration of infrastructure technologies, databases, and IT operations in order to support efficiently the Bank business applications and the related technology, infrastructure and data communication needs, thereby contributing to the achievement of the EIB objectives.
In this role, you will work under the supervision of the Transversal Services Head of Department and in direct contact with the other Heads of Division in IT, and with business leaders who are involved in projects and initiatives led by the Infrastructure & Operations Division. You will also manage contracts and vendors to maximise the quality of delivery provided to EIB.
- Contribute in a pro-active way to the development of an overall strategy for the IT function with the alignment to the business strategy of the organisation and external IT trends and developments
- In collaboration with IT divisions and business users, define work programmes to implement the agreed strategic initiatives and builds successful stakeholder relationships with other IT and business leaders
- Monitor and control the implementation of the projects/programmes in Infrastructure and Operations domain to ensure they are delivered on time and budget, bringing all the foreseen business benefit
- Plan and forecast the annual Division budget ensuring that it is consistent with the overall strategic objectives of IT and the Bank
- Defines, develops and manages a comprehensive and integrated ITSM landscape, based on best-practice processes, disciplines and related toolsets
- Ensure that the division is staffed with resources having the right competencies, objectives and motivation
- Introduces innovative, differentiating infrastructure and operations capabilities that enhance our overall competitiveness and employee productivity
- Implement the next generation of EIB private cloud data centre based on software defined technologies, having at core security, automation and orchestration by design
- Implement the next generation of digital workplace for EIB Group's end users focused on mobility and flexibility (work securely from anywhere and anytime)
- Develop and implement solutions that contribute to the climate and carbon emissions targets set by the organization as the EU Climate Bank
- In collaboration with IT divisions and business users, define work programmes to implement the agreed strategic initiatives
- University degree, preferably in computer science or information technology related domain
- Minimum of 10 years of work experience in complex IT Infrastructure environments
- Experience in managing and coaching staff, ideally in multicultural environments or international organisations (e.g. contribution to: determining team resources and skills; establishing objectives; assessing performance; delegating and supervising tasks; guiding, motivating, coaching and providing feedback)
- Previous experience in managing large structure teams consisting of internal and external staff would be an advantage
- Experience with Infrastructure technologies (end-user, productivity tools and devices, service desk, network and datacentre operation, monitoring - automation - orchestration of infrastructure technologies, databases, IT operations)
- Proven record of project management success, both in results achieved and in use of different methodologies
- Solid experience in managing IT infrastructure services, using different delivery models
- Solid experience with sourcing and vendor managers
- Excellent knowledge of ITIL processes and proven track record of having implemented or improved key ITIL processes
- Project Management Certification, either Prince2 or PMP/PMI would be an advantage
- Excellent knowledge of English and/or French (*), with a good knowledge of the other (Knowledge of other EU languages would be an advantage).
Find out more about EIB core and managerial competencies here.
(*) There may be certain flexibility on this requirement, but limited to particularly suitable candidates who may not yet be proficient in French. If selected, such candidates will be hired on the condition that they rapidly build up knowledge of French and accept that their future career in the EIB may be subject to the attainment of sufficient proficiency in both of the Bank's working languages.
We are an equal opportunity employer, who believes that diversity is good for our people and our business. As such, we promote the inclusion of suitably qualified and experienced staff without regard to their gender, age, racial or ethnic origin, religion or beliefs, sexual orientation/identity, or disability.
By applying for this position, you acknowledge the importance of maintaining the security and integrity of the Information of the EIB Group. In case of selection for the position you agree to comply with all measures (policies, controls, document classification and management) implemented by the EIB Group to prevent unauthorized disclosure of any information or any damage to the EIB Group reputation.
Deadline for applications: 14th September 2020.
Interested in this position?
We are happy to get in touch with you! You can send your application by using the "Apply" button.