Functional Analyst BI | SAS + Data Modelling
Are you a Functional Analyst with a great acumen to BI? Are you a freelancer?
Yes and yes? Then do not wait and keep reading you might be the one.
This client is active in the energy industry and based in brussels
Within the framework of a project on the party, the wanted person must be able to :
- Collect and understand the managerial and operational reporting needs expressed by the business and business process analysts (BPA) on the following topics
- Customer work
- Network management
- Write and structure business specifications and business rules in collaboration with BPA and IT Analysts.
- Prototype business rules to ensure their validity in the Eguide.
- Analyze and profile data from operational systems to validate their quality
- Define with BPA a glossary to align all users with the concepts and definitions used in BI.
- Logically model the DWH business model and the BI model (Star Schema)
- Logically model the DWH and DataMart integration flows
- Design and implement data presentation solutions in SAS VA
- Test and document the solutions implemented upstream of Business Acceptance Tests (BAT).
- Support the business in writing test scenarios (based on reports and business rules), defining test cases and executing test cases.
- Define with the business the standard rights and accesses granted to users (according to their role/profile)
- Prepare training materials (in collaboration with BPA) and provide end-user training
- Be the first guarantor of the quality of the deliverables for which you are responsible or in which you are involved:
- Source-to-Target Mapping
- Edwh and BI Logical Data Model
- SAS VA Reports
- Tests & Issue Log
- Training material
- Support the PM and the Functional Lead in their decision making regarding the project management, the identified risks and the solutions to mitigate them, the scope to be developed and the effort required to execute the tasks.
- A university degree with a focus on economics, IT or statistics or equivalent experience
- Experience in Business Intelligence and Datawarehouse (in a functional or Business Analyst role)
- Experience in data modeling
- A good knowledge of SQL (for prototyping we use the Eguide tool)
- A knowledge of SAS VA
- The following key competencies:
- analytical mind
- problem solving
- results & customer oriented
- fast learning capacity
- high resistance to stress
- structured and organized to meet deadlines
- Knowledge of the SAP domain is a plus
- A thorough knowledge of Utilities is a plus
- Team of 10 people
- Good work-life balance
- Ambitious team and tasks
Apply via the button below and let's have a chat