One of the most important assets of the ClearFacts platform are our in-house developed "connectors", written in Java.
The connectors ensure that our cloud platform and the (on premise) accounting software are in sync by integrating seamlessly with each other. ClearFacts has developed connectors with the following accounting software applications: Winbooks, Adsolut, Wings (+Online), Kluwer - Expertm+, Exact Online, Sage BOB 50.
These connectors are all bidirectional
- IN: register invoices with their booking information in the accounting software (for the accountant end user)
- OUT: retrieve the full accounting data and transform to our generic data model (for the SME end user).
We are looking for a Junior System Integration Developer (Java) to join our Data Integration team.
As a Junior System Integration Developer (Java), you will be responsible for the following tasks:
- Java (8+) Development
- Maintaining, refactoring, perfect, expanding the functionality of existing connectors (Middleware)
- Co-development of new connectors from scratch
- The full development cycle:
- Analysis & Design (Atlassian Jira) together with the data analysts
- Development (Java / API's) in a small team
- Unit and Integration Testing (JUnit)
- Documentation and release management of new versions (GitHub)
- Problem analysis to support the Operations Team
- If a problem related to the connectors has been reported or shows in our monitoring tools, you proceed to the analysis yourself
- You identify the root cause and make a design for the solution with help of the domain experts
- You solve the issue by creating a patch/bugfix/improvement/data adjustment and test, document and release the update
- You are fluent in Java and Dutch and well capable to understand technical English
- You are well aware that you will develop Middleware. So you don't need 'real' end users and user interfaces to get satisfaction
- You get your satisfaction from smooth integration systems and solving problems
- You possess an analytical mindset combined with solid communication skills
- You strive for quality and work meticulously and punctually. That is why you also value the importance of documenting your work
- You know your SQL
- The ideal candidate has an eagerness to learn about accounting and the financial analysis of a company
- Structured way of working
- You can work independently. You know when you need or can offer help. So you are a team player
- When confronted with a problem, you want to deep-dive and turn every stone until you found the problem, root cause, and solution
- You have a "can do" mentality. You enjoy getting your hands dirty to get the job done
The following points are not necessary, but undoubtedly play to your advantage
- You know a thing or two about bookkeeping
- In addition to Dutch and Java, you can also understand French emails
- ClearFacts offers you perspectives within a young innovative company in the sector of digitalization
- We recently moved to brand new offices right in front of Berchem station. Other offices of the group are also located near public transport facilities (Brussels-Central and Leuven)
- Part-time teleworking is possible
- We are experts and know our stuff
- To keep things interesting, our company is growing at high speed with over 40% yearly increase in both customer base and team size
- All work and no play makes Jack a dull boy. We combine hard work with game nights, a monthly drink, weekly fruit baskets, and much more
Please note that this recruitment process is not open to external agencies.
ClearFacts is a young and fast-growing technology company based in Antwerp (Berchem). We build and operate a SaaS platform that automates & digitizes communication and document flow between accountants and their clients (SMEs). More than 250 accountants use ClearFacts to offer a state-of-the-art digital service to their customers and to reduce and spread the manual workload. Their customers - over 30,000 Belgian SMEs - use ClearFacts to have a continuous and "real-time" view of their business and as an easy-to-use digital archive.
ClearFacts is part of Isabel Group, the largest Belgian FinTech, which provides a wide variety of technological solutions for professional users.