Linux System Administrator LLN Based Travel Lover - ref. 78215 (IGB418366856)
Organisation and department description
My client a Belgian company employing more than 1,500 people worldwide, is currently looking for a Linux System Administrator.
The Company is the leader in his market.
As a member of the Service Support Team (located in Europe, US and Asia) you are involved in the company projects.
As a System Administrator you will be an interface between the company Services, Research and Development , Manufacturing activities and IT department.
Duties and responsibilities
- As System Administrator, your responsibilities will be to:
- Install, configure, maintain and provide remote support of production on different Sites;
- Install, configure, maintain and cover daily administration of Service Engineering projects and ID infrastructure;
- Analyze system logs and identify potential issues with systems;
- Apply operating system updates and configuration changes;
- Install and configure new Hardware and software;
- Develop, deploy and maintain several system administration scripts and Web based applications at customer sites.
- a Bachelors in Computer Science or you have an equivalent experience;
- a min of 3 - 4 years of systems administration experience , ideally supporting multiple sites;
- a strong knowledge of Linux/Unix, TCP/IP protocol and applications, scripting languages, (Shell, Perl, etc) RDBMS, SQL and working knowledge of MS Windows;
- Excellent communication skills in English, both written and spoken
- And you also are:
- service and quality minded;
- fascinated by new technologies and always willing to update your knowledge;
- a hands-on and proactive person;
- a team player with very good interpersonal skills;
- able to organize your work autonomously;
- willing to travel up to 10 or 20% of your time.
If you are stimulated by multicultural challenges, we offer you the opportunity to join a team of more than 40 nationalities working on more than 45 different sites on 3 continents.
The company offers you a competitive performance based compensation package and a flexible work environment. You have real possibilities to evolve within the company worldwide, leading organization and to create your own career path, supported by training programs to acquire new skills and ensure they stay sharp.