PHP (Native) Senior Developer / Architect - ref. 71634 (IGB412381861)
Organisation and department description
Our client is a nice (famous) Scale-up “FinTech” based in Brussels and has a staff of more than 40 people. Their employee describe them as a dynamic company with a human face and a family and friendly atmosphere. It is in their DNA to let the people who join them learn and develop, while having fun!
The main assignment of the analyst developer/architect is to proactively gather business requirements and translate them from functional analysis made with the product owners to technical analysis which become achievable technical projects for the IT department. He/she is implied into the conception phase to the development an deployment steps of the IT projects he contributes to define. You will
- Identify the patterns of solutions to a business problem to suggest technical design to use.
- Collaborate with the product owners to define the solution design and to insure they fulfill the business requirements.
- Proactively identify the possible optimizations that can be made to the information system as a whole, to maximize its speed and scalability.
- Ensure the IT projects are well maintained and documented.
- Contribute with other developers to build efficient, testable, and reusable code
- Work as a team-player in an Agile team with 2 weeks sprints
- Review the work of colleagues through pull requests, make recommandation with the rationalisation / automation / simplification / normalisation of a growing system in mind.
- Reports to the IT team lead
- 5 to 10 years of application development and design
- Experience with unit testing, continuous deployment, integration and testing
- Knowledge of Web technologies (HTML, CSS, ...) as well as several backend technologies (PHP/Laravel is a plus, but not a “must have”)
- Able to use day to day tools like GIT, composer, Rest, JSON, postman, MySQL/MariaDB, Docker
- Familiar with at least one public cloud (AWS is a plus) tools
- Fluent in Dutch or French, and a good level of English
- Self-starter mentality and good communication skills
- Organized and highly technical, multi-tasking and attention to detail
- Ability to work in a team environment and to work independently while focusing on project details, timely delivery, and system quality.
- Authentically curious, loving learning and improving his-self
- Working for a very nice scale up (work in open space, in a team of 5 people)
- Having a direct impact on the product
- A fast-growing and very young atmosphere
- A permanent job with a fixed and very good salary with advantages.
- And last but not least : The opportunity to grow with the company over time