We open up a world of digital opportunities so people live better and work smarter.
Within the Operational Data Management team, we continuously support projects and business teams with reports, dashboards and data analytics. We contribute to different programs by providing the data and the insights to help define the right actions and take the right decisions. We let the data speak and we enrich the company with extra information and insights.
As BI Engineer you'll strengthen the team to build the foundations of our data environment and to perform analytics on it. You'll be confronted with many data challenges for which you'll work closely together with data and business experts to jointly reach tangible results. You will help guide the team in the transition from our current on-premise Data Warehouse (Teradata) towards a new cloud Data Warehouse (MS Azure).
Working on Business Intelligence within Proximus means
- Understand the business processes and challenges
- Translate business analytical needs into data requirements
- Explore, understand and combine data from multiple domains
- Define and implement structural data models to reduce the time to deliver reports and analysis
- Enrich and visualize the data to obtain meaningful insights
- Contribute to various transformation projects to help make Proximus more data driven
- Bachelor or Master's degree in a quantitative field (Computer Science, Mathematics, etc.)
- Experience +/- 3 years in a relevant domain
- You are able to switch between your "business" skills and "technical" skills
- You can translate data coming from different complex IT sources into simple data models
- You have experience with Data Warehouse environments, dimensional data modelling, SQL
- Experience with Teradata and/or cloud DWH solutions (and specifically Azure) is a plus
- You are curious, eager to learn and help us improve our way of working
- You are good at visualizing data and making impactful presentations.
- You have experience with visualization tools like Power BI, MicroStrategy, or similar.
- You have good communication skills towards both management and operational levels
- You allocate your time efficiently and can manage several projects in parallel.
- You take responsibility, work independent and take initiative to consult the right people
- Languages: Dutch, French and English
We offer you
At Proximus you have the possibility to shape your own future and the digital future of our customers.
- Our digital workplace, which assure you a better work-life balance
- A nice and varied salary package including insurance, a mobility plan of your choice, Telecom and other benefits.
- The opportunity to build your own career and your development thanks to a continuous learning environment and the exhaustive offer of our Proximus Corporate University.