We open up a world of digital opportunities so people live better and work smarter.
In the Pco (Public Cloud & Operations) domain, part of CSC - Cloud Service Center- division, we are looking for a DevOps Engineer with experience to strengthen our Ccoe (Cloud Centre of Excellence).
We have a no-nonsense approach, we foster good cooperation and the will to go forward in a constructive way, in order to achieve a perfect (internal) customer experience.
You may have started as a developer and you are curious of what's running behind the scenes. Or you come from the world of operations and you've left the back and forth discussions between ops and dev behind you. You are interested in new technologies and are keen to start with a new way of working? Then you are the right candidate for this job!
Here's what we do...
The Pco department consists of two domains: Ccoe (Cloud Centre of Excellence) & Operations. We try to minimize the link between public cloud architecture and public cloud operations in order to operate as efficiently and optimally as possible.
- We are further expanding the Cloud Centre of Excellence for public cloud. In doing so, we want to become the reference centre within Proximus. The work consists on the one hand of designing the automation architecture and on the other hand, coding the centralised templates that we use for our infrastructure as code mindset.
- Within Azureops we want to expand the operations department (in close cooperation with the other departments). Additionally, we want to design and automate the standard building blocks we want to offer in the public cloud.
- We do all this within a framework in which we can continuously learn, take initiative and be Agile when necessary. We take our responsibility and try to improve continuously. We work towards the common goal of our company and we support the #inspire2022 strategy. We contribute to CSC's ambition to achieve the proposed objectives.
This is what you can do...
You'll get the chance to indulge yourself in a beautiful environment full of challenges
- You understand engineers and build a relationship with them. You help them with their challenges and take our product and service to the next level.
- You will actively participate in the development of our public cloud environment. This as a developer or as an operations engineer.
- You research new technologies and gain more in-depth knowledge.
- You share knowledge with your colleagues and assist them where necessary.
- You start and manage projects from A to Z. This can range from a simple delivery to very complex projects.
- Estimated distribution of the workload: DevOps (70%) / projects (30%)
We just want to get better at Pco, so we expect something from you as well
- We expect an open and constructive mindset and a passion for technology. Do you enjoy programming? Do you feel something for Windows? Are you happy when you can have a go at a Linux terminal?
- You're eager to learn and have a lot's of ambition. You want challenges and you want to evolve.
- You don't mind helping everyone you work with. We're here to help each other out in the best possible way.
- You are Dutch and/or French speaking. Knowledge of English is a must.
These are the general technical expectations
- You have knowledge of operating systems. We understand perfectly that you have a preference for either Windows or Linux.
- You have in-depth knowledge of IaC & design patterns (software design). You can interpret, apply and develop these.
- You know many technologies and are familiar with important architectural (system / dev) concepts.
- You know the following things: MS Azure, PowerShell, AWS, Chef, Ansible, Kubernetes, Vault, Docker, TerraForm, Container, CI/CD, Eks, ECS, ... What's more, you independently amass new knowhow and share it with the team.
- You have had successes and failures with Public Clouds such as Azure, AWS, ...
- You can work in a structured way and are able to manage yourself and your projects.
We offer you...
We offer you a challenging workplace in a young and dynamic team, within a division that stands 100% for the future. You have the opportunity to contribute to the #Inspire2022 strategy of Proximus and to the ambitions of CSC. Thanks to this position, you help to build the future of our company and help with the innovation of our company.