The SNet Infrastructure consists of
- Network Infrastructure:
- The LAN in the Commission's buildings (approximately 80 buildings spread over Brussels, Luxembourg)
- The connections between these buildings as WAN (MPLS technology)
- The interconnection with other providers with dynamic routing and VPN.
- WiFi Hotspots spread over the Commission's buildings
- Multiple DataCenter using SDN Technologies
- Security and Internet Infrastructure:
- The security perimeter consists in a multi-layer infrastructure of Firewalls and VPN of different vendors.
- The incoming and outgoing accesses with the external world pass through dedicated appliances working as proxies and reverse proxies.
- DNS infrastructure and authentication servers are part of our domain of competences.
- The scope of services extends to the provision of the following support services:
- Managing the whole infrastructure of the Commission
- Day to day operation
- Construction and design
- Testing of new equipment, releases and configurations
- Development of the services
- A team of 43 peoples is working permanently on-site (Brussels and Luxembourg).
- The Project Manager specialises in project planning and control, and provides support for multiple projects.
He/she will be the interface between the contractor and the company for the projects he/she is responsible for
- Define and clarify project scope
- Develop the project plan
- Develop the project schedule
- Develop policies and procedures to support the achievement of the project objectives
- Determine the organizational structure of the project team
- Identify roles and responsibilities
- Identify services to be provided by 3rd parties
- Staff project positions
- Measuring: Checking project progress toward meeting its objectives
- Evaluating: Determining the cause of deviations from the plan
- Correcting: Taking corrective actions to address deviations
- Defining project baselines
- Tracking project progress
- Project status reporting
- Determining and taking corrective actions
- You have knowledge and experience (at least 5 years) of project management within at least one of the concerned technological domains (Network infrastructure, Security)
- You own an university degree or equivalent level through experience and professional training
- You possess the ability and willingness to quickly learn new technologies, capable of self-study
- In addition to your strong communication skills, you are structured, process minded and able to maintain the high level overview
- You are fluent in English (at least B2 Level). French is considered as an asset
- You can work independently and can manage your time
- You are eager to work in a dynamic multi-national environment with a strong customer focus
- You are willing to travel in order to attend industry events and customer meetings
The required level of education, knowledge, skills and experience are
- Education: University degree and practical experience level proving the capacity to fulfil the requested service.
- Knowledge and skills:
- Good expertise in People Management
- Good knowledge of Cisco routers and switches range
- Good knowledge of network technologies
- knowledge of wireless access solutions
- Knowledge of security environments
- Knowledge of proxy and reverse proxies, remote access solutions
- PMI certification is a plus
- ITIL V3 certification is a plus
- Abilities to produce detailed technical documents, reports, work plans, technical training, impact analysis, ...
- Working languages are French and English
- Writing language is English
- Practical experience network and security environments
- Experience in project management
Location and timing issues
Provision of the above mentioned services basically in Luxembourg, with a possibility to work in Bruxelles about 1 to 2 days per month.