Do you have a technical development background and do you find energy in leading different teams towards a product delivery that meets the requirements?
Can you steer design & architecture?
Can you capture all requirements of a solution and negotiate a tradeoff between requirements and implementation cost?
If you feel adressed by these questions, and looking for an internal position in a large international organization, then this might be an interesting opportunity for you.
We are looking for a team lead with a technical background to
- be the end responsible for delivering a solution, for the full project life cycle, and delivering an application that meets the requirements
- capture all requirements of the application, Do a cost & effort estimationand right-size these with the requirements owners
- lead inhouse, oursourced and offshored development teams on a daily basis. You audit and review the coding, scripting, testing.... but you Do not program applications yourself.
- be accountable for the design of a solution, whether this is being a solution architect yourself or guiding the right people to it.
- ensure there is 3th level support by your teams and lead these teams in the change request and defect repairs, according to the SLA's.
- be the SME or SPOC for that solution
Position in the organization: You are part of the technical delivery team which is part of the international "Group IT", responsible for delivering applications for the international organization. You report to the Delivery Manager who is also Portfolio manager. There are opportunities to grow more to the latter position when this is your ambition.
Who are we mainly looking for?
- Bachelor of Master in ICT
- You have a technical background as a developer or software engineer
- You have several years of experience in leading a software team on a daily basis and in several full project life cycles behind you.
- you are analytic and a good negotiator when it comes to requirements capturing and right sizing.
- Because of your technical knowledge you have a good view on costs & efforts that have to be made
- You understand the design and architecture of an application.
- It would be an advantage if you have experience in complex environments (both on technical as organizational level), leading cross-functional and offshore teams and you were involved in multiple product portfolio coordination
- You can handle pressure & deadlines, have a creative and analytical mind within a problem-solving environment with budgets and timings, you have very strong inter-personal and team management skills, and are able to manage processes.
- You are fluent in English, some level of Dutch is required as you also work with local Belgian teams.
Technical Requirements / Environment
- You have experience in multiple platforms or are at least open for multiple platforms (.NET, JEE / WebSphere / WebLogic, C++, open source Java frameworks & libraries like Hibernate, Spring, JSF...).
- Relational Dbms, reporting & query tools (DB2 / Oracle...)
- Business XML / Web services is mandatory, Edifact standards are preferred
- Eclipse, SVN, Maven, Jenkins, Sonar, Linux, Windows, mobile platforms, highly usable UI designs, Enterprise-scale application Sdlc, Time-boxed Delivery Methodologies...
Our client offers you a permanent fulltime contract with a company car and extra benefits. You will work in an international organization that develops it's own solutions for the global company. You will be in the lead of these solutions. Important decisions & strategies are made right here in Antwerp.
Besides a challenging job in a great environment, your office is on a excellent location, facing the "Mas".