The Customer Engineer 1 (CE1) is the owner of customer incidents as assigned. The Customer Engineer will make repairs and replace components on Tier I equipment such as PCs, workstations and peripherals, printers, front-end POS systems, First Line Maintenance on Atms and kiosks, and single pocket proof encoders. The Customer Engineer will also assist in site preparation--including installation of cable, staging of equipment, and minor testing of equipment.
Key Areas of Responsibility
- Customer Relations/Customer Satisfaction
- Build working relationships with customers and develop informal communication channels with customer account at the local level (ie Branch, Store or office).
- Responsible for ownership of all customer issues/needs that are voiced or observed and acts appropriately.
- Understands and performs the various customer Service Level Agreement (SLA) requirements and elevates or escalates issues when appropriate, and/or according to established procedures.
- Communicates to all levels - Service/Installation Coordinator/Customer/Control Tower, throughout the entire service activity.
Education and Experience Education
- College degree or certificate in electronics or computer technology is preferred. Training Acceptable advanced training may consist of:
- One year of College level courses, equivalent military training, or training in electronics or computer technology.
- One year of electronics or computer training at a recognized trade school to include both theory and in-class hands on time.
- A+ Certification Experience Preferred
- Previous experience as an electronics bench or rework technician
Requirements/ Environment Job Requirements
- Valid Drivers' License and cleared background check and drug screen
- Ability to work nights, weekends, overtime, flex shifts and on-call shifts are required Work Environment
- To service accounts within a given area and may be dispatched daily on a call-by-call basis or may establish his/her own daily schedule on the basis of automated reports
- Conducts work at customer site(s), local company offices, or in a virtual environment.
- Offers of employment are conditional upon passage of screening criteria applicable to the job.
Integrated into our shared values is the company's commitment to diversity and equal employment opportunity. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to sex, age, race, color, creed, religion, national origin, disability, sexual orientation, gender identity, veteran status, military service, genetic information, or any other characteristic or conduct protected by law. The company is committed to being a globally inclusive organisation where all people are treated fairly, recognized for their individuality, promoted based on performance and encouraged to strive to reach their full potential. We believe in understanding and respecting differences among all people. Every individual at our firm has an ongoing responsibility to respect and support a globally diverse environment.