Within the IT Production department, the Solutions & Engineers team consists of the System Engineers and System Designers responsible for conducting technical analysis of infrastructure projects as well as the deployment and design of new infrastructures and technologies.
As a System Designer, you are responsible for designing the technical infrastructure solutions that support the information system and its related applications.
- You examine, evaluate and manage the requests defined in the ITSM (IT Service Management) tool. You are also tasked with offering solutions that are in line with our infrastructure strategy.
- As part of project management, you identify and formalise infrastructure needs and develop solutions to be deployed.
- You estimate the resources needed to implement the solutions you propose.
- You assist with the development, documentation and adaptation of the physical architecture of the solutions. You are responsible for providing standard functionality to Enterprise Architects and informing them of any infrastructure limitations for which you are responsible.
- You carry out technical analyses by describing the physical components: machines (models, means), Storage, network (IP address), etc., and if necessary you carry out impact analyses with representatives of the applications, domains or services concerned.
- You are responsible for testing (defining and documenting scenarios, drivers, improvements, etc.).
- You monitor technological developments and act as an expert on infrastructure-related subjects.
- You have a university degree or a Bachelor's degree, or can show proof of equivalent professional experience.
- You have 5 years of experience in the same or a similar position.
- You are fluent in French or Dutch and have a good knowledge of English.
- Key competencies: organisational and planning skills, analytical and critical thinking, communication, negotiating skills, pragmatism and responsiveness, listening skills and interest in teamwork.
What Are The Specific Requirements For This Profile?
In addition to general qualities, every System Designer at ISE also has certain specific strengths. For this position, we are seeking a person with knowledge in the following areas:
- Windows Server
- Scripting (especially PowerShell)
- Advanced knowledge of networks (troubleshooting)
- Candidate should ideally already possess this knowledge/Here is what this profile should evolve towards:
- Sentinet (Nevatech)
- PLC GateWay (CA)
- Knowledge of certificates (PKI)
What WE CAN Offer
- A rewarding position serving the city and its inhabitants.
- High-quality and rewarding training and career prospects.
- A dynamic business sector.
- A vibrant workplace in the heart of Brussels.
- A healthy work-life balance (possibility of working from home, etc.).
- An attractive remuneration and benefits package (company car and petrol card, mobile phone, internet costs, entertainment allowance, 33 days' leave, meal vouchers, insurance such as health care, hospitalisation and pension, 30% reduction on energy bills, etc.).
If this sounds like the job for you and you would like to serve the people of Brussels....
Apply to Sibelga via the button below!
You will join a dynamic, environmentally aware company, constantly evolving towards new technologies, and that looks after its staff.