Simac ICT Belgium, network and system integrator in the Belux market, is part of the international engineering Simac nv with offices in the Netherlands, Belgium, Luxembourg, Czech Republic and Slovakia.
Our 170 experienced employees in Belgium provide to medium and large enterprises a complete service in the field of ICT infrastructures: consultancy, implementation, project management, ICT infrastructure management, maintenance and tasking. Knowledge, innovation, flexibility and continuous customer focus are our trademark for 45 years.
Simac - Medior Network Engineer
Network engineer establishes and maintains Network performance. Network engineer is responsible for analysing, installing, configuring, maintaining and repairing of Network infrastructure.
Key Responsibilities / Deliverables
- Installation, configuration and upgrading of Network devices: switches, routers and Wi-FI controllers and related Hardware in an international environment.
- Investigation, diagnostic, testing and resolution of IP Network and Wi-FI incidents
- Monitoring performance, troubleshooting Network problems and outages, scheduling upgrades.
- Collaborating with Network architect on Network optimization.
- Coordinating resources where necessary and serving as escalation point to operational teams.
- Working in validated environment which implies writing and maintenance of technical documentation and procedures, and follow controlled change management process.
- Network design is not part of the job.
Knowledge, Skills and Experience
- Strong knowledge of IP Network
- Strong knowledge of Cisco iOS
- Good knowledge of Infoblox
- Good knowledge of Splunk, Cacti
- Excellent spoken and written skills in French and English
- Communication skills - Contacts with maintenance teams, external suppliers, International sites
- Be able to deliver support remotely
- Surely capable of solving problems
- Can work independently as well as team player
- Strong analytical skills
- Service Minded - Familiar with the fundamentals of IT Service Management and SLA's
- Coping with stress in Crisis Situations
- On Duty: The candidate will accept to be on call
- Bachelor Degree in Computer Sciences or equivalent by experience.
- Minimum 5 years of experience in a similar position
- CCNA Certification or equivalent by experience
- Cucm certification or equivalent experience in a plus
- ITIL v3 Foundations certified is an asset
- Strong affinity with IT evolutions