Senior C / Unix Software Engineer
Location: Antwerp, Belgium
COSMOS offers terminal operators, stevedores, shipping lines and port authorities advanced ICT solutions that streamline the logistics of container terminal operations. The applications in the COSMOS suite help to track and monitor all container movements in the terminal premises.
To reinforce the existing TOS Development teams, we are looking for a consultant with following profile -
Senior C Unix Software Engineer (Application server)
The candidate should have a proven software development & engineering track record, which includes technical design, programming, development testing and maintenance, with at least 5 years in the C Unix technology domain.
- You will work for the TOS development/delivery Department.
- You will contribute to migrate a large existing application from IBM iSeries to Unix.
- You will be working under line management of the Technical team-lead of a product line
- You have a Bachelor or Master degree in IT or equal eg. Engineering
- Preferrably at least 5 to 10 years of software development experience in a similar function, featuring
- Large international and dynamic organization
- Mission critical applications running 24/7 with high quality standards and strong deadlines
- Experience in complex products and systems, eg. ERP
- Excellent knowledge of English is a must.
- You have a result driven approach and focus.
- You combine an analytical mindset, troubleshooting, communication and self management skills with being a good team player as well.
- Domain knowledge of Port/Terminal container operations is a plus as well as experience in migrating legacy applications to open Unix platforms
Key technical skills
- ANSI C programming on Unix OS preferably AIX
- 3 Tier software architecture, application server programming
- Interprocess communication, Job management, Unix kernel specifics, shell scripting
- SQL preferably DB2
- Knowledge of IBM iSeries OS and command language is a bonus