Volt - right job, right time, right now
Volt provides award-winning contract and permanent recruitment services, and managed service programmes. We have grown our services to provide innovative staffing solutions across a range of industries and skill areas, including IT & Telecoms, Digital Entertainment, Engineering, Finance and Life Sciences.
Our vision is simple: connecting talented people and respected companies across Europe.
Volt Europe - Project Manager - Fiber Projects
For our customer based in Brussels, we are looking for a Project Leader - Fiber projects.
- The "Fiber Project Leader" will take the operational lead for the roll-out of one or more fiber projects.
- The main responsibility of this project leader will be the set-up of an effective project organisation and project planning.
- He/she will do so in close cooperation with his/her colleagues of other departments and with national roll-out, design and engineering teams.
- Set up an effective project organisation with clear roles & responsibilities. (In
- collaboration with an already selected external deployment partner, responsible for survey
- activities, design, permits, construction and documentation)
- Establish a planning baseline (for both the architecture and the construction), and a cost
- baseline allowing timely and on budget delivery of the objectives.
- Plan & lead local meetings with all involved stakeholders to assure a close follow-up of
- the planning, trigger all necessary actions to realise the Eoy objective for the program.
- This also includes communication to external partners and internal area teams, the National Program Manager and the local area manager.
- Assure the data quality in the tools for project follow-up and network documentation.
- Follow-up of correct financial actualisation with both internal departments & external partners.
- Represent the network deployment department (provide feed-back regarding planning, design and status) in local cross-departmental teams with sales, Marketing, Customer operations.
- Actively participate in initiatives for definition/updates of design rules, processes, work instructions, reporting, lessons learned...
- Good knowledge of telecommunication networks and eager to expand this knowledge
- Project management experience is a must (workload estimations/operational planning/budget management).
- Good knowledge of the Office applications (Word, Excel, Access, PowerPoint)
- Bilingual Dutch/French with good knowledge of English
- VOL-VCA certified